Last Updated: October 30, 2018
Welcome Blue Star Innovation Partners (“Blue Star Innovation,” “Site,” or “it”), a Web-based software toolset operated by Blue Star Innovation Partners GP, LLC (“Provider”). Provider owns or acquired the assets of Blue Star Innovation Partners, LP, which shall be considered part of the Site for purposes of this Agreement. This page explains the privacy policies that govern the use of our online and/or mobile services, website, and software and any other content provided on or in connection with the service (collectively the “Service” or “Services”).
2. Information Collection.
You generally are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit the Services. However, it may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Services, sign up for contests or sweepstakes, participate in surveys, access various content or features, submit comments or content, use a send-to-a-friend feature, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number;
- Unique identifiers, such as a user name or password;
- Demographic information, such as gender; device type, operating system version and mobile carrier
- Financial information, such as credit card or other payment information;
- Geolocation information;
- Device Information, such as activity on the device, which applications are running, browsing history, and bookmarks. It also collects device carrier, operating system type and version; This is to help us ensure you have the best browsing experience possible.
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Comments and other information posted in our interactive online forums;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- Site may also collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
- Your Internet Protocol address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages web received, opened, or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information
3. Use of Information.
Site may use information that it collects through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that it receive from you;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about your account, products, services, contests, and events that it thinks might be of interest to you;
- Send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties;
- Maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services it offers;
- Publish stories, comments, photos, and other information posted in our interactive online features;
- Process employment applications and inquiries;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Services; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
4. Sharing of Information.
Site is committed to maintaining your trust, and it wants you to understand when and with whom it may share the information it collects. At times, as described below, it may share your personal information with others for various purposes:
- Service Providers: Site may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases; perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: Site may share your information with all members of the NFL Family, including, without limitation, our subsidiaries and affiliates (e.g., NFL Properties LLC, NFL International LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Ventures, L.P., and NFL Ventures, Inc.).
- Select Business Partners: With your prior permission, it may share your information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. For example, you may be presented with an opportunity to have certain information shared with our third party business partners when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or elect to receive marketing offers or other information. If you do not elect to have your information shared, it will not be shared with such third parties. Site takes measures to help ensure that our partners protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of any information it share with them. However, Site is not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
- Surveys: Site may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys. If you participate, it will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). It may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. Site will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless it gives you prior notice and choice.
- Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: Site may use third-parties to serve advertisements on the Services. These third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users’ online activities over time and across different websites. You may manage your preferences by using the following link: http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/.
- Business Transfer: If Site sells all or part of its business, or makes a sale or transfer of assets, or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, Site may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
- Interactive Features: Site may share information with third parties when you post information to a user profile or account, or a public area of the Services, such as a chat room, forum, blog, or other community tool. If you post to these interactive features, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. Site cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when using these features.
- Other Parties with Your Express Consent: Site may share information with third parties when you consent to such sharing. For example, if you win a contest or sweepstakes, Site may ask your permission to publicly post certain information on the Services identifying you as the winner.
- Aggregate Information: Site may share aggregate information, such as demographics and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations.
- Geo-Location Data and Services Providers: Site may share your geo-location data with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These companies are authorized to use your geo-location data only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Geo-Location Data and Third Parties: Site may share your geo-location data with third parties for the purpose of them serving you ads for places in your area.
5. Tracking Technologies & Cookies.
As is true of most websites, Site gathers information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and or clickstream data. Site may combine this automatically collected log information with other information it collects about you. It does this to improve services it offers to you, and to improve marketing, analytics and Site functionality.
Site uses Local Storage Objects (“LSO”) such as HTML5 of Flash to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom Site partners to provide certain features or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 or Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs, please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Site uses mobile analytics software to allow it to better understand the functionality of its Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and the source from which the application was downloaded. Site does not link the information it stores within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile app.
6. Behavioral/ Re-Targeting.
7. Social Networking.
8. Links to Other Websites.
Site has adopted generally accepted standards to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) and geo-location, it encrypts the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Site strives to protect your information and privacy, it cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Services. Therefore, Site cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
10. Data Retention.
Site will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the Services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
11. Children’s Privacy.
Site may collect personal information from users who are under the age of thirteen (13) through their use of the Services. To the extent that this type of personal information is collected, Site does so in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (15 U.S.C. 6501 et seq.).
“Parent” includes legal guardians.
“Child” or “Children” means a user or users that are under the age of 13.
“Personal Information” or “Profile Information” means individually identifiable information including personal information such as a username, first and last name, birthdate, phone number, email address, and other contact information collected through Child user’s use of the Site’s Services or when Child user registers for an account. Depending on the specific Service accessed, additional information may be collected if the Child user creates a player profile, including but not limited to, height, weight, photograph and/or video and other biographical or personal information, and information about the Child user’s performance or information relating to the Child user’s team, league, or organization.
“Organization” means any association of which the Child user is a member or intends to apply for membership by registering online or authorizing to enter the Child user’s information into their website.
For more information about COPPA, use the following link:
11B. Parental Consent.
Site is required by COPPA to use reasonable efforts to ensure that, before it collects any personal information from a Child, the Child user’s parent receives notice of and consents to Site’s information collection and disclosure practices. Parents should know that through use of the Site Services, Child users under the age of 13 may participate in activities that involve the collection or use of personal information. However, Child users may not participate in any Site activities without a parent’s permission.
If a user is under age 13, Site must have “verifiable parental consent” before it collects and uses the Child user’s personal information. Site accomplishes this by requiring parents to provide their name and e-mail address to Site prior to the collection of the Child user’s information, together with an acknowledgement of the fact that their Child is under 13.
11C. Information Site Collects & How Site Collects It.
A Parent has many tools to monitor and supervise the Child’s activities on the Site. For example, Site requires that Parent provides his or her e-mail address as a prerequisite of the Child user’s account creation. Therefore, a Parent can edit his or her Child’s account profile, turn on and off notifications, and monitor all postings to the Site by their Child or other Users using the Service. Site encourages Parents to always closely monitor their Children’s use of the Services.
11D. Tracking Child Users’ Activities on the Site.
When a Child user is logged into his or her account, Site may track the Child’s activities within the Site. For example, Site may track the pages visited, the length of time spent logged in, the information submitted about preferences, and comments posted via the Service. This information is associated with the Child’s account and may be combined with the personally identifiable information Site collects from him or her.
Site may partner with third parties to provide content and/or to display targeted advertisements. Site will not share a Child user’s personally identifiable information with these third parties. However, some of these third parties may use tracking technologies, such as cookies and Web beacons, in order to track user activity. We do not exercise control over or have access to these tracking technologies or the information practices of these parties, which are subject to the privacy policies of these third parties.
Parents may request information from Site on the type of data being collected, view their Child’s information, and, if they choose, prohibit us from making further use of their Child’s information. For more information on how to do this, see the section below entitled “How to Review, Delete or Alter the Information Collected from Child Users.”
11E. How to Review, Delete or Alter the Information Collected from Child Users.
Parents can review their Child’s personal information at any time by accessing their account or profile. Parents may remove access for their Child or delete their Child’s account entirely. Parents can also have their Child’s personal information deleted and refuse to permit further collection of such information by Site.
If Parents wish to view, delete or modify the information that Site collected about their Child, or if Parents want to delete their Child’s account or profile, Parents may do this by directly accessing the Child user’s account or profile, or by e-mailing Provider at DMCAgroup@dallascowboys.net. However, Parents should understand that even after removal, Child users’ content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or by other users if they previously copied or stored such content.
11F. Data Security.
Site cares about the security of Child users’ information, and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Site Services. However, no security system is impenetrable and Site cannot guarantee the security of its systems or privacy protection mechanisms. In the event that any information under Site’s control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Site will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those users whose information may have been compromised. Site warrants that it will take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations in response to such events.
12. Communications Preferences & Access.
You may choose to receive promotional emails, newsletters, push notifications, and similar communications from Site. You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link included in the commercial e-mails you receive or by turning off push notifications at the device level. Please note that opt-out requests may take some time to be effective. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, Site may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us, even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial email messages.
13. Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes
Attn: California Privacy Rights
One Cowboys Way, Suite 100
Frisco, Texas 75034
15. International Users.
Please note that the Services are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. While some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, Site commits to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Policy.
16. Contact Us.
One Cowboys Way, Suite 100
Frisco, Texas 75034